Thursday 23 August 2012

The Road less Travelled 12 August



Abu Dhabi airport


It seems that it is the women who find cutting the ties to home the hardest. Over the last few days I felt as if I have had to say a million goodbyes. How do I know who will be here in Australia when we return. I keep remembering people I should have rung. And how will I be different when I return? Will everyone be safe?

As I now sit in Abu Dhabi Airport it is still surreal. Part of me could just as easy stay at home - safe, retired and probably very bored. Its true everyone has their lives to lead- we are just a small part . I wonder how I will change over the next few years. Steve has written about our discussion on the issue of novelty and how important this is in slowing down time- I am concerned about what the passage of time will do- My son said the other day that when I return he will be so much older and finished his degree- is it possible? Will my daughter get married and maybe start a family?

How will I respond to these changes from my little spot in the Med or  wherever-  

Not so good at dealing with these changes without witnessing them-

These things fill my mind as I embark on the most remarkable journey of my life.

 What will matter to me in the future?

 How will my view of the world change?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment, we'd love to hear from you